Nationally-Recognized Care Close to Home
AdventHealth Cancer Care pursues national designations for the Institute as a whole, and specialty certifications for our physicians and support staff. Several centers are designated by the American College of Surgeons – Commission on Cancer (CoC)for providing the latest in oncology medicine. Cancer programs earning recognition from the CoC provide high-quality cancer care, with only one in four hospitals treating cancer patients receiving this approval.
Receiving care at a CoC-approved cancer program ensures:
- Quality care close to home.
- Comprehensive care presenting a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available.
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support.
- A cancer registry that collects data on types and stages of cancers, treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options.
- This designation is only awarded to facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment. To meet the standards necessary for Commission approval, each cancer program, and the organization that controls it, must undergo a rigorous evaluation process and a review of its performance. To maintain approval, facilities with approved cancer programs undergo an onsite review every three years.